Our actions are guided by 6 goals developed by PRISM partners as part of our 5-year strategic plan. These goals are:
- Capacity Building - The Lower Hudson PRISM has a robust public identity, strong internal structure and a sustainable resource base to continue its mission.
- Conservation Targets - The Lower Hudson PRISM protects the rich, native biodiversity of the Lower Hudson Valley by focusing on priority targets for conservation.
- Strategic Invasive Species Management - The Lower Hudson PRISM supports and optimizes regional conservation through strategic invasive species management.
- Education and Outreach - The Lower Hudson PRISM reaches out to new audiences and delivers education that communicates the positive impacts of invasive species management on ecosystems. The Lower Hudson PRISM offers clear steps for action on personal and community levels.
- Mitigating Pathways of Invasion - PRISM has a coordinated program to prevent species introduction by focusing on pathways.
- Information Exchange - The establishment of an information exchange allows Lower Hudson PRISM partners and other professionals to strategically manage and integrate information relevant to the management of invasive species and offer that information to any person, group, agency (partner and non-partner alike).